Saturday, August 31, 2013

Who says teenagers don't know anything?


I had a pre-set of 101.9 the end [alternative rock] in my car radio.
One day the music was different, and we realized it had changed to 'Classic Hits'.
Both of my boys love classic rock and push the button to listen to 101.9 when they are in the car.
This past week, we have heard them advertise for free Salt Lake ComicCon tickets and have called in hopes to be the caller #5 winner.
No luck.

That is until a couple of days ago.
Jax remembered that the D.J. said more tickets would be given away in the 3 o'clock hour.
He set his new purple and black digital watch to alarm him of the winning time.
As the announcer started the contest at 3:05, Jax dialed into the radio station on my cell phone while I used the house phone for double winning possibilities.

Immediately Jax had a nervous expression.
I asked him if it was ringing.
He yelled, "YES!" and then threw the phone at me.
I fumbled and put the phone to my ear.
As I cleared my throat to talk, I realized that I had missed the D.J's introduction to answering the call.
I had to ask him to repeat what he had just said.....all the while Jax is FAHREEKING OUT and embarrassed by my delay.

In calling conclusion, we won a VIP  4-pack to the SLC ComicCom 3 day event!
[a prize worth $600!]
We get tix, a swag bag, photo op's with celebrities and much more.
Jax was jumping up and down and about ready to cry with excitement!
If you know Jax, you know that he believes super hero's are real, and this is his Disneyland of his dreams to attend the gala of GEEKS event.

The D.J. recorded our convo and played it on air.
The clip that he got was,
D.J:  "How did you find our satation?'
Me:  "Well, it was already in my pre-set for the alternative end station, and when we found out you switched to classic rock, my boys wouldn't let me change it.  I have two teen boys that LOOOOVE classic rock."
D.J:  "Who says teenagers these days don't know anything????  
They know good music!"
Me:  "I know!!!  I guess I raised them right!"
D.J:  "You sure did"



We are now in the process of putting together Jax's 'Green Arrow' costume. It's coming along, but there are major funds involved!!! 
Being a comic book geek-jek is expensive!
[YES!! There is a possibility that green spandex are involved!  YIKES!]

I have plans on dressing up as a geek-jek's mom.
I'm sure there's something in my closet that will work.
I play that roll every day!

Stay tuned for the reveal of Jax's costume.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting. Winning is so much fun. Can't wait to pics and hear all about it Batgirl.


E

Chelise said...

You better head to Bend- over with all this luck you got goin on!!
Are you prepared for three days of comic-con, mentally??